Aspiring to represent a living, breathing alternative to existing educational models, we co-create our modules with the intention of mutual learning, innovation and transformation; we seek to empower ourselves and each other with the knowledge and skills to become effective changemakers.
FSI aims to help individuals and teams to develop and sharpen personal, professional and programme strategies, and then guide them through relevant learning areas, including relating to self, systems, sectors and skills.
This page allows open access to our living library of modules and resources; click to enter realms that call to you!
BIRD TAXONOMY WITH ENROE SOUDI
Introduction to Bird Taxonomy.
(1) Bagaimana mengenali burung?
(2) Jenis burung mengikut pemakanan.
(3) Mengenal burung di lapangan.
APPROACHES TO PREVENTING EXTINCTION OF RARE SPECIES WITH JOHN PAYNE
Full audio session and slides can be found on the module page
(1) Approaches to preventing extinction of rare species audio session
(2) Module slides and resources
ARCGIS, QGIS & BLENDER TUTORIAL WITH SAMSUDDIN BABA
View the full tutorial on the module page.
(1) ArcMap Tutorial
(2) Blender Tutorial
(3) GIS & Blender Tutorial
EFFECTIVE ADVOCACY WITH DATUK DARREL WEBBER
Don't just leave it to chance/ faith/ facts/ workshops & prayers.
(3) Pitching ideas
CREATING & ANALYSING INDIGENOUS DATA
Learn how to collect, manage and share statistical data.
1) Sampling & measurement
(2) Games, maps, & surveys
(3) Communicating numbers
(4) Triangulation & evidence
PLANT TAXONOMY 101
Taxonomy is a basic skill that one should acquire to understand the variety of life (biodiversity).
(1) Flora and Fauna
CREATIVE & TECHNICAL WRITING
View our module profile for more details on our Creative & Technical Writing workshop.
(1) Introduction to creative & technical writing
(2) How to write a proposal
(3) How to write a report
Discover the three-part composting guide.
(1) Effective Microbes Activation Solution (EMAS)
CIVIL SCIENCE & COMPLEXITY
Conversations on change-making, civil science & complexity.
(2) Civil Society
(3) Complexity and Risk Management
THEORY OF CHANGE
Full module can be found on the module page.
(1) Introduction to the Theory of Change
(2) Identify the root causes of issues
(3) Develop ways to improve the situation
FOREVER SABAH RETREAT DESIGN
View our module profile for more details on our Forever Sabah Retreat Design.
(2) Team building
CONFIDENCE AND EXPRESSION MODULE
Build up your confidence and master your expressions.
(1) Intention setting
(2) Body language
Collective Leadership of Profound Innovation and Change.
(2) System Sculpting
(3) Five lenses
Paddy Planting and natural Fertilizers
Instructional guides on how to plant paddy and make DIY natural fertilizers
(1) Introduction to System of Rice Intensification (SRI)
(2) NPK Fertilizers
(3)Fish Amino Acid (FAA)
(4) Carbonized Rice Husk (CRH)
UCSF-FSI YOUTH FORUM ON INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
An exciting youth forum was held from 23 November 2020 to 26 November 2020 as an interactive platform for students to advocate for their visions and provoke discourse around innovative solutions to infrastructure development in Sabah. This Youth Forum was held via Zoom Webinar.
(1) Philosophical & Conceptual Dimensions of Infrastructure Development
(2) Imagining and Visioning the Emerging Future of Infrastructure Development
(3) Evidence-based Design of Infrastructure Development
(4) Awards Ceremony
FSI offers its evolving modular, experiential and practical curricula throughout the year to enable facilitated learning for diverse participants local to global.explore events